Quem sou eu

Minha foto
Brasília, DF, Brazil
Mostra de Estética,Beleza,Saúde e Cosmetologia

terça-feira, 16 de março de 2010

Excuse me, could you tell me how to get to the police station, please?



  • You are travelling in Britain...and want to ask for directions.
  • Excuse me, could you tell me…? This is very polite.
  • How to get to… = how to go to / how to arrive at…
  • We say this when we know the place we want to go to exists, we just don't know where it is.
  • E.g. Every town has a post office / police station etc. - so we can ask '…how to get to the post office?'
  • If we're not sure that a place exists, we'll ask this:
  • Excuse me, could you tell me if there's a cinema, please?
This sentence is an example of directionstourismtourismpoliteness.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Seguidores